What Are Some Non-surgical Alternatives to Correct a Botched Chin Implant? (photo)

7 years ago I had a chin implant and was pleased with the result. Now the implant has moved and sticks out badly on one side and is slightly less noticeable on the other. The doctor who performed the surgery says he can trim it, but I don't want to go through the invasive surgery again. What are some fillers that will help? Is it also possible to create a stronger jawline with fillers? Can I use this same filler for the eye trough area? Thanks in advance for your help!

Fillers for Chin Improvement

+1

Radiesse is typically a good choice for mental area augmentation or contour irregularity.  Restylane is a good choice for the tear troughs.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Radiesse Combined With Restylane SubQ Works Well For Nonsurgical Chin Augumentation

+1

Nonsurgical chin augmentation using volumizing fillers is a safe and effective way for dealing with a congenitally receded chin or chin recession related to age related bone loss or even irregularities that may result from surgical chin implants. It also works well for smoothing out "cottage cheese" dimpling of the chin, especially when combined with the use of a neuromodulator, such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin..

I prefer the combination of Radiesse, a calcium-based volumizing agent, and Restylane SubQ, a robust hyaluronic acid volumizing agent for nonsurgical chin augmentation. Radiesse is known to stimulate neocollagenesis (native collagen production), which is an added plus of this agent, and Restylane SubQ gives remarkable lift.

Atlhough I routinely use Restylane SubQ in my practice in Israel, it is unfortunately not yet available in the United States  In my Upper East Side NYC practice, for chin augmentation, I combine Radiesse with Perlane L (another member of the Restylane family of products). 

For tear troughs, I generally use Belotero Balance, a hyaluronic acid filler that has little tendency to leave any bluish discoloration of the skin (Tyndall effect) when placed superficially. When dark circles are present, I mix it with a tiny amount of Radiesse whose whitish color helps to counter the deeper color of the dark circles.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Chin Implant Revision or Fillers to the Jawline

+1

Thank you for the question and your photos. It looks like the chin implant is not secured or has migrated. If the implant is not in a stable position, a revision surgery would be needed to either stabilize the current implant or replace it with another. If the implant is in a stable position but is off-center or crooked, injectable fillers can be used to lessen this appearance. In the jawline or chin region, I typically use Radiesse because it is thicker and lasts longer, though other fillers are also safe and effective.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Chin Implant Revision

+1

Fillers can be used to augment and improve chin contour. My first choice would be using the patient's own fat; if the patient considered that an invasive procedure I would use Radiesse. For tear trough augmentation I would use fat or Restylane. Having said that, I strongly recommend that you consider removal and replacement of the existing implant. Done well, the results are permanent.

Chin implant correction

+1

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Personally I would have the implant replaced and repositioned. The implant is pointing down instead of providing the proper augmentation that is needed. Fillers may be used for this area like Juvederm Ultra or Ultra plus however this may be costly and may not completely provide the aesthetic changes needed. I perform a lot of chin augmentation procedures and when done properly this is a very quick procedure to recover from with little downtime and very favorable results. As far as the tear trough injections I am unable to see a front facial view to properly advise you. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Shifted chin implant

+1

Radiesse injection can improve the asymmetry in the chin. Belotero is best for the tear troughs.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon