Best Non-surgical Treatment for Hollowness Under Eyes?

I am 45 years old with a weight of 70kg. I'm worried about the gradual appearance of hollowness under my eyes. I need to get them corrected without any surgery. I am confused in what to choose from all the cosmetic products available on the Internet, in addition to various injectables that would give me best results. I am a doctor myself, and I have even consulted a cosmetic surgeon and physician regarding this problem, but they have advised no correction. Since I am conscious about it and being a fair-skinned person, it's getting prominent day by day and giving me a tired look all the time. Please help.

Restylane or Fat for Hollows Under the Eyes

+1

Hi Jamica,

If you are a candidate for fillers for your eye lid hollows, then Restylane should be used. Juvederm in this delicate area occaisionally attracts too much subcutaneous fluid resulting in unwanted and difficult to treat excessive swelling.

If you desire something more permanent, then fat transfer is an excellent choice when performed properly.

The key is choosing your injecting physician most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Injectable fillers are wonderful for lower eyelid rejuvenation.

+1

You should try to find a qualified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon skilled in the art of lower eyelid rejuvenation. Filling the groove between the lower lid and cheek can take years off your appearance with no downtime. 

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hyaluronic fillers for the periorbital area

+1

Juvederm seems to be a popular product for this purpose but you should have this injected by an indvidual with experience in the technique. Generally this requires a cautious approach and I would highly advise staged injection with undercorrection if doing this for the first time.

Likely Restylane

+1

I hate giving advise without actually knowing more details and seeing the patient, but an experienced oculoplastic surgeon, or a dermatologist or plastic surgeon is your best source to get good advice for your situation. You might have herniation of fat and when you have that, no filler makes a big difference. Surgery is the only way to go. When filler will help, Restylane first or Juvederm second are my choices for this problem.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Restylane for hollowness under eyes

+1

Dear Jamica

Under eye Restylane to fill the hollows has proven to be the best choice among the filler products. Don't be tempted by permanent fillers. The under eye area is tricky to treat and the ability to remove unwanted material with an injection that melts the filler really makes treating this area possible. Other fillers lack the ability to adjust the treatment is such a straight forward way.

Fillers or fat grafting for hollowness under eyes

+1

A picture would be very helpful to have a better exam. In general, the non surgical option for hollow eyes is injection with a hyaluronic acid based product. A small amount is always recommended to avoid bumps. Fat is another option but must be done by someone very comfortable with using fat around the eye. Hope that helps!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS