Hollow Eye Bumps

I had a fat transfer under my eyes because they were so hollow. Around 7months later, there was an uneven swelling that hardened into uneven lumps. It made me look like I had pouches. The doctor tried to melt the fat with a laser but that didn't work,it swelled up to the results I wanted to have though,but this was only temorary. What options do I have for correcting this?

Undereye bumps can be corrected

+1

This problem can be corrected but does require expertise. You may need to remove the fat. This can be done either through the inner eye or just on top of the skin. I would have to assess it more carefully to be able to tell which approach is most appropriate. You may also require fillers if there are contour issues after the surgery.

Bumps under my eyes after fat grafting

+1

Jolanda~

Sorry to hear about this.  Fat grafting beneath the eyes can be tricky since the skin is so thin and so unforgiving.  As such, the lumps could potentially represent calcified fat which, most likely, will not improve over time. 

Your best best is to consult with your original surgeon and discuss your options.  I would also get a second opinion, as well, for peace of mind.

I hope that helps!

Web reference: http://www.beautybybuford.com/services/face/

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Excessive fat to lower lids

+1

Based upon your photos, my initial impression would be to have those fat bumps removed via a blepharoplasty and then have fat transfered from there to the hollowed areas your were trying to treat initially in smaller amounts on top of the bone directly to smooth out that area. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat injections for lower eyelids

+1
The excessive fat may not be easily removed by surgery and risks scarring and uneveness. There is no great treatment utilising injections.

Fat Transfer Under Lower Eye Lid Hollows Late Complication

+1

Hi Jolanda,

Sorry to hear about your trouble following fat transfer to your lower eye lids seven months after your treatment.  After fat transfer, if patients gain significant weight, then the fat may hypertrophy.  Not sure what made it harden.  Surgical removal of the fat bulges is likely your best solution.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fat transfer lumps

+1

Hi Jolanda.  Although you have a difficult problem, you have some treatment options.  They are injectable medicines that shrink away fat and/or scars.  Surgery to take away the lumps is also an option but it has its disadvantages.  I recommend a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr Taban

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon