How Can I Fill my Hollow Cheeks Without Appearing Fake and Have a Long Lasting Effect?

im 30 years old and featuring extreme thinning f the face though im not losing any weight....its aging me fast....what can i do as a long term treatment to give my face a fuller firmer younger look?

Fat Grafting to fill a hollow face

+2

Fat grafting to fill a hollow face is a surgical procedure I regularly perform. It is not only for the aging face, but in some cases people genetically have very thin faces and conservative, natural looking fat grafting can make people look much more attractive and more pleasant.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Natural Results and Technique

+1

Our practice uses filler along the cheek pedestal to create the appearance of an elevated cheekbone to highlight the eyes. The technique can make a great impact on how natural the results look.

Subliminal Difference is an approach that I've developed recently. Its context lies within the human's evolutionary preserved and innate desires for beauty.At the core of the technique is the use of blunt tip cannulas, an instrument that allows placement of filler   without the bruising affects of traditional instruments.  Cannulas have gained popularity in Europe and will really change the way we treat patients both technically and philosophically. The recent advent  has taken filler procedures from a treatment to fill in a few facial wrinkles often associated with bruising and swelling to an instant facial beauty makeover with little to no bruising and or swelling. Cannulas are soft and blunted. They gently push underlying soft tissue out of the way as they advance which limits some of the negative side effects of traditional techniques using needles.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation with fat transfer

+1
As both artists and surgeons we have long recognized that the face ages partially by loss of volume. I prefer to fix this problem with fat grafting. Fat is removed and then centrifuged down separating the fluid, blood and fat. The pure fat is then reinjected into these areas. While not all of the fat transfer takes a good portion of the cells take and this provides a nice natural fullness to the face. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Scupltra for a fuller, firmer face with natural result

+1

Sculptra

Scupltra,  a biostimulator is an excellent choice for restoring lost volume to the face.  We know that volume loss is one of the most important contributors to aging and the collagen stimulation that Sculptra encourages gives a natural, soft result.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Sculptra is a good option for treating cheek hollowing

+1

My preferred treatment for cheek hollowing is Sculptra.  I generally treat people three times, approximately 1 month apart.  Sculptra does not work right away, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage.  Unlike traditional fillers, you don' t get the satisfaction of instant results.  However, due to its gradual onset, no one will realize that you have had it done.  Another benefit, it lasts a couple of years.

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Augmenting Hallow Cheeks

+1

My first choice for augmenting the cheeks is fat - I've done liposculpting for 25 years and am very happy with the results and longevity. My second choice is Radiesse. The risk of a "fake" appearance does not depend on the product used, but rather the technique of your physician.

Severe Thinning of the Face

+1

If, as you say, your face is becomming progressively thinner, you need an evaluation as to why this is happening. There are a few causes of this. Though most are limited to the face, they can effect the rest of the body also. If this is the cause, then fat injections will not work. The only injectable option, then, is Raadiesse and Sculptra. (Iprefer the former.) THe only other thing that has worked is microvascular transfer of the omentum to the cheeks.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Hollow cheeks

+1

Depends on how aggressive you want to be.  Fat grafting is the most common and first line of options.  If surgery and fat grafting is not the way that you want to proceed, then I recommend an injectable filler.  In your case, I would seriously consider Sculptra. This will give you a nice clean result that will look natural. It should last up to 2 years.  Other filler are also possible but not quite as long lasting.  Hope this helps.

Dr. V- South Shore Plastic Surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Fat Injection Grafting For The Gaunt Face

+1

The gaunt look to your face is the result of lack of volume in the unsupported triangle of the midface below the cheek bones. There is no underlying bony support in this area so it sinks in between the lower end of the cheeks and the jawline. Some type of injectable filler is needed and different physicians will have varying philosophies as to what to inject. I prefer fat injections, which when properly processed and concentrated, have the best chance of long-term retention.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Treatment for thin face

+1

From the pictures, the volume of your cheeks is quite full while the nasolabial folds are full and the lower face is very gaunt.  I perform quite a few cheek augmentations with fillers and cheek implants and IMHO, Sculptra to fill in and soften the step off of your lateral cheeks would go along way in softening the face.