What Will Work For Hollow Cheeks?

I have Hollow Cheeks, I had Fat Implants, but It didn't work. I used Restilyn which is a water based filler. I seem to get rid of it very quickly, so is there an alternative, which helps with my hollow cheeks and is more long lasting. I thought about sculptra?

Hollow cheek treatment

+2

The best options for this problem are either autologous fat injections which are long lasting or a deep dermal filler such as Sculptra which lasts 12-18 months.

Sculptra may be the beest filler for hollow cheeks

+1

Sculptra may be the best filler for hollow cheeks. By inducing the patient to make their own collagen over a period of many months it has the potential for long lasting correction of the entire cheeks

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Hollow Cheeks

+1

For some people, HAs are a good option.  From what you have said, you feel as though you did not get the results you were hoping for.  It could be that you require more.  However, Sculptra and Radiesse are other great options.  If you are looking for longevity, I would recommend Sculptra.  Sculptra does require 2-3 treatments.  

David V. Poole, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for hollow cheeks

+1

There are several options to restore volume into a hollowed appearing cheek area.  Probably the best option is to use your own fat.  This will require removal of fat from one area (ex. abdomen or thigh) and transfer to your cheek. Not all of the fat will survive, so you may need more than one procedure to get the best results.  Another non-surgical option is Sculptra, which is polylactic acid and will stimulate the formation of new collagen.  This requires a few injection sessions separated by 3-6 weeks each and allows for a gradual improvement in the area over time as you will not see the results immediately- the collagen will slowly regenerate. Radiesse is another injectable that can restore volume and stimulate new collagen formation. Both Radiesse and Sculptra can last from one to two years.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Treating hollow cheeks

+1

You may want to consider a second fat transfer for optimal results. Alternatively, Sculptra is a good alternative for cheek volumization. Keep in mind that since Sculptra is a collagen stimulator, you will likely need 2-3 treatments over several months for optimal results.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Filler for hollow cheeks

+1

The best and most permanent filler is fat.  This is very technique dependant so make sure that your surgeon shows you his/her results.  Other reasonable alternatives are Sculptra and Radiesse.  Sculptra usually needs to be injected at least twice and lasts for 12-18 months.  Radiesse can be done in one injection and usually lasts over a year.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Hollow cheeks? Think Sculptra or Radiesse

+1

Of course, HA fillers are also an option, but you get more results and more longevity for sunken cheeks with Sculptra or Radiesse. Be sure you see someone credentialed to do this since these are not reversible fillers.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Restylane Alternative for Cheeks?

+1

Hi SB.  We prefer Perlane or Radiesse in the cheeks.  Both products should provide superior volume and additional longevity to the Restylane injections you had.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Volume augmentation filling for the cheek

+1

Radiesse is a wonderful product for cheek augmenation if your fat injections have not worked.  Sculptra is a collagen stimulator so it acts as a "seed" to help the body produce more collagen. Both can create nodules or lumps, but these are usually small and not disfiguring and not very common.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse is a great product for cheek augmentation

+1

My favorite filler for hollow and flat cheeks is Radiesse.  It is a more robust filler than Juvederm, Perlane and Restylane and more controllable then Sculptra.  I also prefer it over Sculptra because you see the results immediately, need only 1-2 treatments and it is usually less expensive than Sculptra.  Cheek augmentation is an art so make sure you go to someone who is very skilled, and artistic, with fillers and who has a lot of experience "sculpting" cheeks.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon