Hollow Area Under Eyes (20 Years Old)

I'm 20 years old, JUST and look double my age around my eyes! They are hollow making me look tired AND OLD! I have high cheek bones and am not sure if this is the reason! I haven't got a clue what sort of surgery would fix this best, but it's really starting to get me down! Also i'm in the UK. Would there be anywhere that offers the treatment you advise? As i know that fewer types of cosmetic surgery are available over here! Thanks

Fillers can improve hollow eyes

+2

Not having seen your photos it would be difficult to judge. Given your age, oftentimes the appearance can be significantly improved with a filler such as Restylane. The effects from these fillers can last for a long time and may obviate the need for surgery. I wish you the very best

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hollows under the eye

+1

Under the eye hollows takes specific knowledge of both the cheek and  eye relationship.  In some patients, this prominence can result in a tired, less attractive look.  Possible solutions:

• Loss of cheek volume-If the cause is from loss of cheek volume, a facial filler can be an excellent choice for rejuvenation.  Autologous fat is also a good choice.  
  • Pigmenation-In some cases it is due to dark pigmenation creating the appearance of a hollow.  Skin lightners can help to minimize this effect.
  • Blood vessel prominence-  Fine blood vessels can also cause the appearance of hollows

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Try something simple...

+1

Have your doctor inject saline into the hollow areas. If you like the change that you see immediately, you will like fillers. This is an inexpensive way to determine if you will be happy with fillers.

Bala S. Chandrasekhar, MD - RETIRED

Prominent grooves under the eyes

+1

It sounds as if you may be describing a tear trough problem where it appears hollow around the bone between the eyes and nose. Often this area can be improved with either fat injections or temporary fillers like restylane or juvederm. I would suggest one of those first to make sure you like the effect and then other permanent options like fat or perhaps surgical transposition of fat can be considered. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hollow Area Under Eyes (20 Years Old)

+1

Try a filler like Restylane, or Fat transfer, or even better Selphyl regenerating filler (the Vampire Filler). These are all easy in office treatments. Do not seek surgery unless you have seen boarded surgeons. 

Correcting lower Lid Hollowing (Tear Trough Deformity) WITHOUT Surgery

+1

Regarding: "Hollow Area Under Eyes (20 Years Old)

You are demonstrating Tear Trough Deformity (Nasojugal Line) , the depression between the lower lid and the cheek which is seen with cheek sagging. The best way to treat this is by having a Plastic surgeon inject Restylane deep on the bone (lower rim of the orbit). This will nicely fill the area and make it look much more youthful.

Dr. Peter Aldea

No surgery needed for hollows under the eyes in a young person

+1

I agree that fillers and volumizers will improve the appearance of your undereyes. You are young and an invasive surgery (such as a midface/cheek lift or fat repositioning) has scarring and risk. You should be able to get a very nice improvement with injectable fillers in these areas. Try this before undergoing an invasive surgery.....and this advice is from a surgeon!

Matthew Schulman, MD

Forget surgery for this.

+1

Dear Bonny

Please save yourself grief later.  Without even seeing your photos, I recommend that you find an injector who can build up your hollow area under the eyes with Restylane.  This service has proven itself very effective and the results are generally much better than surgery for someone your age.  These treatments last well over a year.  Your first step is to find an injector who devotes a good bit of their practice to treating under eye hollows.