Hollow Area After Restylane Injection?

Hi, after restylane injection in the chicks, a dark lump come up and took lots of time to go away. It actually left a large hollow area as if it has eaten away the existing meat under the skin. After several month this area is still quite dark, but I am not sure if it is an optical effect because of the shade created by this new hollowness. What happened? How can I now have this area filled back as it was (naturally) before the Restylane injection? I really appreciate your assistance.

Hollow Area After Restylane Injection?

+1

It is possible that the hollow is optical or due to volume loss or a combination or both, and an exam would be necessary to sort out these subtleties.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Restylane and dark spots

+1

Without viewing at least a photograph of what you are describing, it's difficult to know exactly what may or may not be going on. I would consider returning to the provider for best assessment.

Hollow Area After Restylane Injection?

+1

It sounds like it may have been some bleeding/bruising that, when absorbed, left a depression because it was associated with some pressure on the subcutaneous fat.  Normally, this fills in pretty well on its own.  You should, of course, see a PS to assess this if it persists.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Restylane

+1

Dear MMJK,

• It could have been a bruise and there is leftover hemosiderin (it is a molecule found in bruising) that can take months to fully resolve
  • It is difficult to tell you what you can do about it without examining you
  • When you are ready, please see a specialist and they can go over your options for you

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.