Are my Breasts Considered Normal or Tuberous Breasts?

I am 21. I am very petite. My breast size is 32B my breast seem normal to me from the side I feel they don't look normal. My breast are full on the bottom and the sides. I do not have puffy areola. The top of my breast is flat compared to all around. From a side view it looks like it slants slightly upward from the top of my nipple but then has a tiny dip at the top where it meets me chest. Is it normal to have a slight slope and not be as full at the top or is it considered "constricted?"

Tuberous breasts

+1

Someone once sai a picture is worth a thousand words.  Please resubmit your question with photos.  Otherwise, all anybody can do is speculate.

Normal or Tuberous Breasts

+1

Thank you for your question. From your description rest assured that your breasts are normal.  You do not have tuberous breasts.  Best regards

Christopher J. Inglefield, MBBS, FRCS
London Plastic Surgeon

Full below might be glandular ptosis

+1

If your breast is fuller on the bottom and side, and an upward tilt to the nipple, slight scoop above, you might have ptosis of the gland of the breast, glandular ptosis, rather than nipple ptosis. The top scoop is not constricted, as when we use this term we describe a skin envelope which is tight and under developed. What you have is normal. Pictures can help us.

How to confirm if you have tuberous breasts

+1

It is difficult to confirm whether you have tuberous breast without being seen or examined.  I recommend making an appointment with a plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery to be sure.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Without an exam and or picture we can not determine what is going on with your breast. You should go see a PS.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Constricted breast deformity

+1

Tought to answer you without the benefit of photos or an exam.  What made you consider that you had a tuberous deformity?  If you were given this impression and you are uncertain I would suggest getting another opinion.

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

+1

Without photos it is difficult to give you an accurate opinion.  Tuberous or constricted breasts can have one or several characteristics, so there are varying degrees of expression of this abnormality of breast development.  It does not sound like you have the characteristics of a constricted or tubular breast.  If the distance with the skin on stretch from the bottom of the areola to the level of your inframammary fold is short, perhaps less than 4-5 centimeters, you may have some aspect of a constricted breast and require lowering of your inframammary fold at the time of breast augmentation.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Photos needed to determine if tuberous breast

+1

I agree with the other posts that photographs or a physical exam is needed to give you good advice.  Your description does not sound like tuberous breast, but this condition has a wide spectrum of presentation, from very mild forms to very severe and "distorted" breast shapes.  I know that where you live makes it difficult to see a plastic surgeon, but a physical exam is going to provide the best guidance.

Best of luck.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast Deformity

+1

Without the aid of pictures or an in-person exam it is difficult to give an accurate opinion.  However a tuberous breast deformity is a spectrum of a breast deformity typically defined by:

* A constricting ring at the base of the breast so the lower pole of the breast is not well developed or defined.

* Deficient horizontal development which leads to a narrow breast base.

* Deficient vertical development which leads to a decreased distance from the bottom of the areola to the infra-mammary fold.

* A herniation of breast tissue into the nipple-areolar complex which causes enlargement of the areola.

Some women will have a severe form in which they will have all of these findings while most will have a mix of of these findings in differing forms of severity.

From the description you have provided it does not sound as if you have a tuberous breast deformity.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Tuberous breasts or not

+1

Without good photographs and/or examing you is is difficult to tell for sure whether you have tuberous breasts or not.  Your description does not sound like frankly tuberous breasts.  Tuberous breasts (or snoopy dog nose shaped breasts) usually have enlarged puffy areola, cone shape, and a constricted short distance between in the bottom of the areola and the inframammary fold (crease under the breast).

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon