Skincare Tips for the Holidays

My holiday calendar is filling up... what I can do in about the next six weeks to get myself ready? I'm generally looking to freshen up my skin and tone my stomach and butt.

Many choices for skincare for the holidays, with little downtime!

+1

My patient load for the holidays is always full for the same reason, we all want to look our best during holidays. We offer many options to help you with your skin care needs. Botox will smooth out frown lines between the brow, forehead lines, and crows feet. Dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane will fill in the nasolabial folds around the mouth and plump the lips for a gorgeous smile! Cutera's Titan will tighten any loose or lax skin on the face and neck. A medical facial with dermaplaning combined with a Laser Genesis treatment will have your skin glowing with no downtime!

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

You can achieve a lot in 6 weeks with Botox, fillers, IPL and Fraxel

+1

BOTOX of course can open up your eyes and smooth out wrinkles, especially in your upper face within two weeks of receiving a treatment. Because little or no bruising usually occurs with good injection technique, you should be able to have your treatment done with little worry that you will look bad afterward.

Fillers, such as Radiesse and Juvederm, can give immediate results, but you do have to plan on 5-10 days of possible bruising afterward, so plan it around your parties and events accordingly.

At 6 weeks, you can even fit in a couple of IPL ("photo facial") treatments to remove your browns spots and redness and smooth the texture of your skin. Alternatively, a single Fraxel re:store treatment can also smooth out your skin, although you will need at least two more Fraxel treatments after the holidays to improve wrinkles.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon