I Think I May Have a Hole Inside my Nose After a Bang and Now Constant Nose Bleeds, How Could This Have Happened.

My nose now looks different in that it slops more to the left at the bottom very slightly and it looks like i have a bit of a dip on the bridge of my nose where i did not have this before. Any advice would be great. Thank you

More important than why it happened is the need to have a complete nasal examination.

+1

Dear  Diddly

If your nose looks different, it slopes to one side, you have a dip on the bridge, and apparently you have also had bleeding from inside your nose, and you think you have a hole, it sounds like you had quite an injury.  You should be in the hands of a nasal surgeon promptly.  It is hard to self-diagnose and treat.

Since the injury was only two days ago, there is still a window of time to possibly do some correction.  I suggest you do some consultation with a facial plastic surgeon as soon as possible because, often, the window for repair of certain areas is relatively short.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

+1

You should have your nose examined by an experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon or an ENT surgeon to evaluate the septum for a septal perforation.  These are caused by a disruption in the blood supply to the lining of the septum leading to necrosis of the underlying cartilage.  Typically occurs with intranasal drug abuse, nasal trauma or previous septal surgery.

Trauma to the nose

+1

Sorry to hear about this. It's possible that after trauma to your nose, a collection of blood overlying your septum caused the perforation. The pressure from the blood can result in necrosis of the septum. I advise you seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full examination. With cartilage grafting, there are ways to repair the hole, and reshape your nose. Good luck.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Nasal deformity and septal perforation

+1

Trauma to the nose can cause a variety of injuries including a perforation in the septum and external changes.  Also, medical conditions can cause the problems you are describing.  You need to see a rhinoplasty expert to work you up properly.

Best.

David Alessi, MD

Nasal trauma

+1

As for a hole in the nose, this can happen from a septal hematoma( from trauma).  Certianly a change in shape form trauma can usually be corrected with surgery.

Hole in nose after trauma

+1

It is hard to tell from your question but I would seek an examination with a doctor to examine the inside of your nose. 

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon