How to Fix a Dent in my Breast Under my Nipple?

i had some scar tissue, and my surgeon removed it, which left me with a dent, then he went in to correct the dent, and it didnt work, the dent it there without flexing muscle, but more contracting when flexed, its definitly caught with the muscle, he now says that the only thing is to put some silicone peice in between the muscle and skin to separate them.. is this true?? as im a little worried to have something else put in me.. thanks.

Do not put silicone

+2

Please submit picture so we can evaluate and give you better answers. Based on the limited information I would advise against placing silicone material in the breast. I would recommend fat injection.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

How to Fix a Dent in my Breast Under my Nipple

+1

I have fixed this by doing a layered repaiir and under,oming the skin so that it is not tethered to the muscle. Fat grafting could hlep lift the depression.

Resistant Breast Dent

+1

Regarding: "How to Fix a Dent in my Breast Under my Nipple?
i had some scar tissue, and my surgeon removed it, which left me with a dent, then he went in to correct the dent, and it didnt work, the dent it there without flexing muscle, but more contracting when flexed, its definitly caught with the muscle, he now says that the only thing is to put some silicone peice in between the muscle and skin to separate them.. is this true?? as im a little worried to have something else put in me.. thanks
."

Simplistic answers beget simplistic solutions which are usually both wrong and make things harder to correct.

A photograph would have been very helpful as well as more complete history as to what you had done BEFORE the dent appeared. The fact that the "scar removal" operation failed is an example that there is more than meets the eye. Is the dent caused by scar tissue? Is it caused by scar between the muscle and the skin or between the implant capsule and the skin?

I think that what needs to be done is to correctly isolate and diagnose the reason for the dent. I would recommend against putting anything in the breast which may interfere with imaging or further scar. If the dent is a ripple in the implant, you may need additional thickness between the skin and the implant as can be obtained with Alloderm, Strattice or fat injections.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Dent in breast

+1

Without a photos at a minimum it is hard to suggest anything. Sometimes alloderm can be used for a dent to improve the contour.