Are Hives / a Severe Allergic Reaction a Sign of a Ruptured Implant?

I've had implants for two years 34b small side to 34dd (425cc sub muscle). I find when I get warm from excersize or heat my implants start itching and become uncomfortable. This has been the case since i got them. But i've now broken out in hives, suffering a severe reaction to what general doctor could not pin point. I started wondering if this was a sign my implants ruptured. I got put on steroids & old to see if they come back. Could implants cause this type of reaction? Should I go to a PS?

Hives from ruptured implant

Hi!

I think it is highly unlikely that your implant is ruptured. If your implants are saline then deflation would be present and you can always have a MRI to check for a rupture if you went with silicone. However, there is usually not a correlation between a rupture and an allergic reaction. I agree that you should consult an allergist to find out what is causing this issue.

Good luck!

Dr. Sam Speron