Hives Post Breast Augmentation?

I broke out in hives a week post surgery and had to be put on Medrol dose pack. It is now four days later, my hives are mostly gone and I am just starting to wear a sports bra for the first time since surgery but now I have pressure hives from the sports bra. Try to stick with only cotton and even tried putting the bra over a cotton tank top but still no use. Why is this happening and will my implants drop too low if I continue to not wear any bras?

Breast Implants and Allergic Reaction

+1

Allergic Reactions are difficult to pinpoint.  This could be due to adhesives, lotions, soap, fabrics, changes in detergents.  A plastic surgeon may be able to help you sort this out.  Kenneth Hughes, MD breast implants Los Angeles, CA

Bra after implants

+1

If you can find a sports bra to which you are not allergic, wear one. It will be more comfortable, prevent swelling, and help keep you implants in nice position.

Michael Horn, MD

Hives and breast augmentation

+1

Without having a better personal medical history, and performing an exam it is difficult to assess your situation. It is best for you to follow up with your surgeon.

Hives after surgery

+1

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Hive usually indicate some sort of allergic reaction that is going on. This is usually due to one of the medications that you are taking. This could be any of them, but the antibiotics are probably the culprit. Sounds like things are under control and you are on your way to a full recovery. 

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS