Hitting Nose 8 Days Post-op?

8 days post-op rhinoplasty, just next day after having my cast removed (still have the bandages that keep swelling down), my boyfriend's nose bumped mine on my nose left side and it hurt when it did as I started crying but the pain didn't' last more than a minute. I can't really tell if there is any visual change as I haven't seen my nose yet and still have the bandages on ad it's still swollen but there was no blood. Will this affect my end result? If yes, how large is the possibility?

Hitting Nose at 8 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

Any trauma this early has the potential to damage the results.  However, if the nose does not look any different, there is likely no harm done.  I have patients come to the office if there is a concern.

Hitting Nose 8 Days Post-op

+1

It is critical that for the first six weeks after a rhinoplasty patients try to minimize any trauma to the nose to avoid pushing the healing bones or cartilage out of place.  After six weeks, most patients can resume normal
activity without a concern. 

The best way to tell if you have dislodged something is to remove the bandages and look and see if there is any new deviation or change in your appearance.  If you do not see that, I would not be concerned.  I would ask my plastic surgeons permission however before I tried to remove any bandages.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Nose Bump 8 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is best to avoid any trauma to your nose for 6-8 weeks post rhinoplasty. I can't say for certain if any damaged occurred without examining you or at least seeing a picture. In this case, it is best to see your surgeon and inform him/her of what occurred and get checked for any displacements that may have occurred. “Dr. D”

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't hit your nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It is important after rhinoplasty to avoid any trauma to the nose.  Depending on what type of grafting and bone work was done, severe nasal trauma could adversely affect the result.  However, usually minor hits to the nose have no effect on the long term result.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma after rhinoplasty

+1

It is doubtful that a minor bump causes any significant problem. If you are concerned, you should see your surgeon.

Nose injury following Rhinoplasty

+1

Although I don't believe you did any damage to your nose, it always pays to be careful and try to avoid trauma to your nose for at least six weeks following a rhinoplasty.   Let your surgeon know you you bumped your nose.  He/she may want to check to make sure nothing was displaced.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon