Can Hitting The Nose After Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty Affect The Final Outcome?

My husband hit me with his elbow in the tip of my nose. I had a Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty almost 2 months ago. I got really scared and i don´t know what to do. I had my surgery in south america and i live europe. I´m coming back there in December of this year so in the mean time i would like to know if i will be ok. When i touch now the tip of my nose is not sore or anything. My shape seems to be the same. I think i´m ok, but i´m still worry about it. Any advice?

Nasal Trauma 2 Months after Septorhinoplasty

+1

From what you describe it is very unlikely you did any damage to your nose. You can E-mail your surgeon and send pictures if that will relieve your anxiety. We frequently do this to communicate with our patients from Europe and other places around the world.

Can hitting the nose hurt Rhinoplasty results?

+1

Yes, but from what you describe and at 2 months after a Rhinoplasty, you'd feel pain and hear a tear or pop if real damage was done.  IMHO, you should contact your Rhinoplasty surgeon and tell them what happened and ask for specific instructions.

Bumping nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Getting bumped in the nose after a rhinoplasty is a fairly common occurence.  It could have consequences early on, but by two months, assuming you had osteotomies which cut into the bone, the bones should be stable and healed. The fact that the shape hasn't changed means that you are probably OK. I wouldn't worry. Do mention it to your surgeon when you see them in December.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon