Hit On My Back Of My head 4 Months Post Rhinoplasty. Did I Cause Damage?

accidentally hit the back of my head on a bed headboard could i have damaged my nose...? currently 4 months post op rhinoplasty.

Hit to the back of the head should not affect your nose

+1

Thank you for the question.  I do not see how a mild hit to the back of the head could affect your nose so I think you are ok.  This is especially true if you did not have pain or bleeding from your nose.

Dr. Remus Repta

Back Of Head Trauma Effect On Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Babygirl,

A trauma to the back of your head should not cause an immediate damage to the results of your Rhinoplasty unless your nose has been hit.

Nonetheless, you should have your head checked t make sure no internal bleeding or concussion have taken place.

I encourage you to seek consultation with your surgeon for a physical examination.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Head Trauma

+1

As physicians, we are very revealed that you did not suffer further nasal injury or a concussion because a blow to the posterior head could lead to a physical fall or other untoward sequela.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Trauma

+1

It is unlikely that a blow to the back of the head would affect you thinoplasty result if the nose itself was not impacted.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Post rhinoplasty trauma

+1

You description does not suggest that you sustained any trauma. However, to ensure that all is well, request that your surgeon check you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Trauma to Rhinoplasty Results?

+1

Based on  your description of the trauma you have sustained, it is unlikely that any damage has been done to your rhinoplasty results. If in any doubt, follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Post rhinoplasty head trauma

+1

Thank you your question. From your description, it is unlikely that your nose was involved in the injury. Usually patients can tell if something happened to the nose. Pay your plastic surgeon a visit and take his/her advice.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Hit on back of head and hurt nose?

+1

I doubt very mucht that striking the back of your head coudl in anyway have caused a problem with your recent rhinoplasty. Any concerns shoudl be addressed to your surgeon.

Rhino

+1
In order for you to cause damage to your nose you would have to Hit your nose directly. It wouldn't hurt you to see your PS Just to make sure.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Hit on the head

+1

Not likely.  If you hit your nose on the headboard, that could be a different story. Hope this helps.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon