Hit the Side of my Nose, 5 Weeks Post Op After Open Rhinoplasty?

I was half asleep when straightening my hair yesterday morning and I knocked the right side of my nose to the left with my hand. It hurt and the nose itself felt numb when I touched it, and it just felt uncomfortable. It tingled for the rest of the day, but only on the left side (I hit the right side) and it looks so much more swollen today than it has been in the past few weeks. I'm really worried i've done permanent damage, one side it more swollen and it looks wonky.

Nasal trauma post op usually turns out okay

+1

This situation understandably causes a lot of concern and you need to see your surgeon.  This type of trauma after surgery usually does no harm.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Injury to nose after rhinoplasty

+1

If you are concerned about trauma to your nose, it is best to see your doctor to be properly evaluated.  Good luck.

Knocked My Nose After Rhinoplasty!

+1

Hi Saraac-

I understand your concern. The best thing to do is return to your surgeon, so he/she can take a look at your nose. Everything may be fine, but you will feel much better after you discuss this with your surgeon. Good Luck.

Tom Kaniff,MD, FACS 

Thomas E. Kaniff, MD, FACS
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon