Hit on the Nose Very Hard and a Hard Lump Formed What Will Make It Go Down?

I was wresting with my little sister and her teeth hit my nose very hard. A hard lump formed right where my bone meets the cartilage. I'm wondering what will make the swelling go down soon?

Lump From Trauma

+1

The lump may be soft tissue swelling.  If the nose looks grossly different from before there may be more significant damage.  Also, infection should always be considered when teeth are involved.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Best option to treat bump on nose after nasal injury

+1

It is possible that the bump has just resulted from soft tissue injury which should improve dramatically over the first month. However, it is also possible that you have a fracture of your nasal bones which would typically need to be dealt with in the first two weeks to avoid a more complicated surgical procedure. I recommend that you seek a consultation with a Facial Plastic Surgeon to determine the exact nature of your injury and whether anything needs to be done while you're healing. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facial-trauma/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal trauma

+1

A bump could have developed from th trauma to the bone or cartilage. It may get better with time, but best to be evaluated in person to be sure.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.