Hit on Nose 5.5 Months Post Rhinoplasty?

Hello, the other day my son happened to throw a hotwheels toy car right at my nose... I didn't really feel any pain or experience any bleeding, I'm about 5 and a half months post op rhino... do you think this incident may have caused damage to my nose? thank you.

Trauma Post Rhinoplasty

+1

First of all do not buy the little tyke airplanes and have him keep those wheels on the ground! Unfortunately this is fairly common that my patients with children have some sort of " thump" on the nose at sometime during their first year of recovery. It goes with the territory of being a mom. While patients try and always protect their investment these incidences do occur. With your description of this event, no pain, no bleeding I think you will be just fine. You are also at past five months post rhinoplasty which has allowed your nose significant healing opportunity. I always ask my patients to come in and have an examination after any trauma or unforeseen event as "flying hot wheels" so I would advice the same for you. Best regards!

Nasal trauma five months after rhinoplasty

+1

At 5.5 months after rhinoplasty, the nose should be pretty well healed at this point.If concerned, it is always best to be seen by your surgeon.

Nasal Trauma at 5 Months Post Surgery

+1

Hi,

At 5.5 months post surgery, you should have achieved an acceptable level of recovery.

However, without physical examination it is hard to confirm that you are at not risk of having your results altered due to the nasal trauma.

That being said, it does not mean that you will have a change to your end results for sure.

So, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon for a physical examination to make sure that you are on the right track of a safe recovery.

I hope this helps and try to protect your nose as much as possible.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Hello

+1

Without an exam it is hard to determine whether damage has been done. 5 months post-surgery your bones and tissue are as strong as ever. Unless you have pain or see any changes there shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

+1

The first thing you should look for would be any structural change to the nose from your hot wheels encounter. If it looks fine on the outside you should be fine overall. Five months out from surgery you would need a pretty significant blow to your nose to hurt the work done. My Rhinoplasty patients call me all the time after there kids bump there noses or similar issues as you describe. See your surgeon for re assurance but I bet you are all good to go.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Hotwheels

+1

A half a year out from rhinoplasty has allowed your nose to heal, from a structural standpoint.  However, being hit in the nose with a toy car is always of concern.  Call your surgeon if you have any problems.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon