I Hit my Nose 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty, Could I Have Ruined It?

My nephew threw a little hard robber toy at me, it bumped into my right side of the nose, it Hurt a little, the pain is gone, I put some ice on the area, I don't see anything different with my nose, but I'm worried it might have ruined something inside :(.... Could it? Should I see my Dr. .?

Rhinoplasty post op

+1

If you are in pain and there is additional swelling, the only way to be sure is to contact your surgeon and schedule an evaluation. best of luck!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Trauma to nose after rhinoplasty

+1
I would go in and see your surgeon and discuss what happened so he/she may fully evaluate you. In my experience this should not effect your long term result if in deed it was just a small bump to the nose. Do watch out for small children and dogs and protect your nose as accidents do happen. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Trauma To Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

If you receive some sort of trauma to the nose after a recent rhinoplasty, it is always a good idea to have it checked out by your surgeon.  However, if the pain is gone, there is no swelling or visual change in the nose, then I doubt that accidental contact caused any structural changes.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

+1

You need in person examination, best by your chosen surgeon. This will allow an evaluation of the nose to see if the "hit" caused any damage. 

Trauma after rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

I highly recommend you see your surgeon if you are concerned. He will examine you and make sure to give you the best advice possible. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

I think you should be okay

+1

If you haven't noticed any change in the way your nose looks after the injury, it is unlikely that the ball has caused any problems.  My best advise would be to watch it closely, but only for the next few weeks.  Trauma, like you have experienced should cause an immediate change and if you don't see a difference now, it should suddenly cause a difference as time goes on.  Why not call your surgeon and have them take a good look at your nose with you.

Daniel Sherick, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon