Hit the Nose Post Rhinoplasty

Hi,I had closed Rhnioplasty 25 days ago (I had a bump on my nose I wanted it to be removed). My younger sister accidentally hit me on the tip of my nose, I felt a sharp pain but it went away after a few minutes. My nose didn’t swell and there was no blood. But I’m really worried that it might have affected my nose shape.

Hit the Nose Post Rhinoplasty

+2

If the tip looks the same and you do not have a lot of new swelling after the hit, chances are you will be OK.

I would follow up with your surgeon to make sure with an examination.

Michel Siegel, MD

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Trauma after Rhinoplasty

+1

If your surgery was 25 years ago, and your nose appears as it did prior to the surgery, I don't think that you have anything to worry about.  A few good signs include that it appears normal now, there was no bleeding after your underwent the nasal trauma, and you are not suffering from any long-term pain.