Hit to Nose Causing Bleeding 12 Days Post-op?

I am 12 days post rhinoplasty and a shoe fell from a shelf and hit me on the nose. I had immediate profuse bleeding from my right nostril and pain that quickly went away. Bleeding stopped in 2-3 minutes. I see a very small deviation on the right side just above the tip, but am unsure if it's temporary swelling or real damage. slightly more difficult to breathe through my right nostril. I contacted my surgeon and will go for an appointment ASAP. Is there any chance that I didn't damage my nose?

Based upon your description, the likelihood of damage is low, but I would follow with your surgeon.

Post operative nasal trauma

It's unlikely that you did any serious or longterm damage to your nose.  However, based upon your symptoms of bleeding, difficulty breathing and a change in the appearance you should definitely consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Anthony E. Brissett, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

The nose is fairly stable 12 days after rhinoplasty.

It's unlikely have disrupted the operative results. Nevertheless with a history of trauma this should be reported to your plastic surgeon.

Injury after Rhinoplasty

A shoe is very light with respect to causing a nasal injury.Typically, we are more worried about a child's skull or a dog's head jumping into your nose postop.  But with bleeding, breathing changes, and a cosmetic change instantly after...I would definitely go in for evaluation.

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon