Hit to Nose Causing Bleeding 12 Days Post-op?

I am 12 days post rhinoplasty and a shoe fell from a shelf and hit me on the nose. I had immediate profuse bleeding from my right nostril and pain that quickly went away. Bleeding stopped in 2-3 minutes. I see a very small deviation on the right side just above the tip, but am unsure if it's temporary swelling or real damage. slightly more difficult to breathe through my right nostril. I contacted my surgeon and will go for an appointment ASAP. Is there any chance that I didn't damage my nose?

+1

Based upon your description, the likelihood of damage is low, but I would follow with your surgeon.

Post operative nasal trauma

+1

It's unlikely that you did any serious or longterm damage to your nose.  However, based upon your symptoms of bleeding, difficulty breathing and a change in the appearance you should definitely consult with your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Anthony E. Brissett, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

The nose is fairly stable 12 days after rhinoplasty.

+1

It's unlikely have disrupted the operative results. Nevertheless with a history of trauma this should be reported to your plastic surgeon.

Injury after Rhinoplasty

+1

A shoe is very light with respect to causing a nasal injury.Typically, we are more worried about a child's skull or a dog's head jumping into your nose postop.  But with bleeding, breathing changes, and a cosmetic change instantly after...I would definitely go in for evaluation.

Shepherd G. Pryor, MD
Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon