Hit in the Nose 6 Months After Septorhinoplasty?

I was hit in the nose by a soccer ball 6 months after septorhinoplasty. My surgeon examined me 5 weeks ago, but didn't seem too concerned. I however have noticed slight changes to the cartilage, including a slight dint, a very slight droop in the tip, my nose moves like rubber and my breathing out of the left side is limited. He said come back in 6 weeks if there was still swelling. A CT scan showed a deviated septum, but he said no one's was completely straight. Am I too concerned?

Hit in the Nose 6 Months After a Rhinoplasty

+1

If your nose looks different than it did, or if your breathing is not as good as it was, prior to the injury then you likely did damage it playing soccer. You should have it re-evaluated.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hit in Nose

+1

After blunt trauma and you notice a change in your nasal breathing airway or an obvious external deformity: You should have your nose evaluated by a professional.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon