Hit in the Face Almost 7 Months After Rhinoplasty, Effects?

Today I was hit in the face a few times, in the nose itself at least once. There was bleeding for a few minutes and now it is swollen. As the months passed I was so happy with the results with the swelling going down. How long will it take for this swelling now to go down? Will it be revert back to how it was earlier today or will it heal weird?

+2

You should be evaluated for possible nasal and facial trauma ASAP.  The nose, while well healed, at 7 months post Rhinoplasty could still become fractured with blunt trauma.

Nasal Trauma 7 Months after Rhinoplasty

+2

I suggest you see your surgeon as soon as it is reasonably possible. If there is a hematoma (collection of blood) in your septum severe damage can occur. Swelling will be obvious for 10-14 days. If you did fracture your nose your surgeon may be able to correct some damage with minimal intervention if it is treated within 2 weeks of the trauma.

Nose trauma after rhinoplasty

+2

In situations where there is significant nose trauma after rhinoplasty (resulting in bleeding and swelling) it is a good idea for you to be evaluated by your PS

Sam Naficy, MD

Nasal trauma

+2

If you had nasal bleeding after recent trauma, it may be wise to see your surgeon to be evaluated.  Good luck.

Trauma to the nose post rhinoplasty

+2
I would go in and see your surgeon for a further examination. When bleeding occurs as you discussed a physical examination should be done to rule out a fracture or other trauma. He/she will be able to then answer your questions when a proper diagnosis is made. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD