Got Hit in Nose 10 Days After Surgery Could I Have Done Damage?

was hit in nose by a friend accidentally 10 days after septo rhinoplasy surgery and i am scared i did damage. it hurt and there was a very tiny bit of blood in one nostril. the tip swelled up and it feels like it is overly rounded and that the implant at the bottom has shifted. as well as the tip looks like it is slight moved to the left and the nostrils are uneven. im scared i damaged it but dont know if its asymmetrical swelling.

Trauma To the Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

In general, if the trauma did not cause nasal bleeding or external deformity it will be fine. However, you must follow up with your surgeon if there are any problems to make sure you did not have a displacement or fracture which would be uncommon unless you had a severe accident. The key is to obviously avoid trauma or physical exercise associated with potential trauma to the nose for at least 4-6 weeks.

+1

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and IMHO, if you felt pain and the nose bled those are all indications of potential damage to the nose.  In the immediate post Rhinoplasty phase, the nose is more prone to injury.  You should be seen your Rhinoplasty Surgeon ASAP for evaluation and recommendations.  Be sure to be homnest with him/her about what happened and how your nose was hit.

Injury to nose 10 days after rhinoplasty

+1

Photos alone can't provide all the information necessary to determine whether or not you sustained significant damage to your nose. You should contact your surgeon who can then examine you and give you a more definitive answer. At 10 days, it still can be possible to reverse some changes if some indeed occurred from the accident.

Good luck!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Injury after nose job

+1

see your surgeon

this happens often

if crooked it can be moved back into place

it should be treated within 10 days for best improvement

Can hit to nose after septo-rhinoplasty cause damage?

+1

Without an exam it's hard to say if permanent damage was done to your nose. You're right that there can be asymmetric swelling after surgery in general and after being hit like in your situation.

I would recommend following up with your surgeon to have him or her exam your nose.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Male

+1

You have to hit your nose quite hard to damage it even in a fresh rhinoplasty. However if an implant has visibly shifted, you needto see your surgeon

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Hit in nose after rhinoplasty

+1

there is no way to tell from the photos you put on the site to be sure. My strong suggestion is to return to your surgeon, and let him examine the inside of the nose, and feel if everything is in proper position. the time to do that is now befoe things "set" if the position is wrong.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Nose hit after rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately this sort of thing seems to happen frequently. Your surgeon has spent hours of hard work, you have spent your hard earned money, and it can be ruined so easily. I tell my patients avoid children, pets and keep everyone and everything at arms length!  Most of the time, a small impact on the nose doesn't cause significant injury, but your symptoms and photos are concerning. You will need to see your surgeon ASAP to check for hematoma, this requires emergent surgical drainage.  Any revision surgery will need to wait until the swelling goes down, at least 6 months.

Edmund Fisher, MD
Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon