Hit in the Breast, What Do I Need to Watch For? Potential Capsular Contractor? (Photos)

Hi, I am 9 days post-op. I have 500cc textured silicone implants, under the muscle, crease incision. Last night I was elbowed, fairly hard, in my right breast. It is much more firm today and sore when I massage it. No bruising noticed. What do I need to watch for? I am worried about developing a capsular contractor, although I know it's too early to tell. I am also worried because I have been pretty active lately, already causing me to worry I am overdoing it. Any suggestions?

Trauma to Breast after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is always best to be examined by your plastic surgeon to rule out complications associated with the “trauma” to the right breast, it is unlikely that any harm was done.  The pictures you have provided do not show any evidence of significant swelling and/or hematoma.

I do not think that you necessarily have to worry about an increase risk of capsular contraction  because of the elbowing and/or activity level.

Again, following up with your own plastic surgeon will be the best source of real reassurance.