Hit On Cheek 4/5 Months After Rhinoplasty?

hello earlier my child accidentally bumped into the side of my face to be specific my cheek..... would anything of that sort be possible to damage my nose? did not feel any pain whatsoever... post op 4 1/2 months. thank u.

Effect Of Hit On Cheek On Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Theoretically, a trauma causing vibrations reaching the nasal structures during the recovery process may affect the final results of the procedure.

That said, it depends on how hard the hit was and how much your healing nasal structures were moved.

Usually, at 4.5 months post surgery you should have established a good level of recovery.

However, without physical examination I cannot provide you with a definitive diagnosis. So, I recommend that you have your surgeon examine your nose (in and out) to make sure it is not impacted by the incident.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

+1

If there may no pain, no feeling of a pop or tear inside the nose...the nose most likely had no significant trauma and would be unaffected IMHO.  You could always ask your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

Very Little Chance of Any Damage From Being Hit in the Cheek 4 Months After a Rhinoplasty

+1

It's hard to imagine that your child could have caused any damage following your rhinoplasty. First of all, your nose is pretty solid within 6 weeks of the surgery. Secondly, you were not hit in the nose. Third, if you had been hit hard enough in the cheek to do an kind of damage, it would have been very painful. Not to worry.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Damage?

+1

Hopefully you have healed after four and one half months from rhinoplasty surgery.  However, if anything is out of place, follow your Cosmetic Surgeon's advice.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon