Got Hit By Blanket in Face 6 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty?

My friend threw a blanket at me and it hit my face. I am six weeks post op of a Rhinoplasty and a Nasal Graft surgery. It didn't hurt and my nose didn't bleed at all, but regardless I am worried that the impact may have messed up my nose internally making it harder for me to breath. Was my nose strong enough to endure the blow? Thanks.

Nose very stable six weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

Is very unlikely that the trauma you suffered in any way damaged the rhinoplasty. It would take a blow nearly as hard to create a fracture in an un-operated upon nose as yours.

No pain, no bleeding, no change in shape: nose should be fine

+1

Thank you for the question.  Accidentally hitting your nose after a rhinoplasty is a lot more common than people think.  Our nose is right out there to be accidentally hit so its not uncommon to get a bump to it here and there.  The good news is that at six weeks your nose is likely to have healed in strength most of the way.  The blanket also sounds like it might not be heavy enough or hard enough to do any damage.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Hit by blanket 6 weeks after surgery

+1

This should not have an impact on your final result, as your nose is strong at the 6 week mark. I would recommend following up with your surgeon with any additional concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

Dear Vikings,

thank you for your question.  At 6 weeks, your nose should be pretty solid.  A blanket is hightly unlikely to damage your nose.  And with it not hurting, no bleeding, and presumably no noticeable change cosmetically, you should be fine.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon as scheduled.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon