Hit Nose 6 Weeks Post-Op Rhino, Could I Have Done Permanent Damage?

i had a rhinoplasty about 6 weeks ago and my boyfriend accidentally hit me on my nose. it wasnt a really hard hit and my nose doesnt appear to look any different then it was before but there was a little bleeding. is it possible that the bones in my nose have moved? could there be permanent damage? or am i just worrying too much?

Nasal Trauma 6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+2

From your description, it is unlikely you did any harm to your nose. If there is any doubt, I suggest you see your surgeon for an evaluation.

Concerns about damage to nose from an accidental hit 6 weeks post rhinoplasty

+2

By six weeks following a rhinoplasty, the bones should be well healed. The way you described the injury, it did no appear to be very strong/forceful and it is not highly likely that any significant permanent damage was done. For peace of mind, you may want to consider contacting your operating surgeon and having him/her take a look.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD