Does History of Capsular Contracture Put Me at Extra Risk of Complication with a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I got early onset of capsular contracture twice with my breast implants. First time it was a grade 3 contracture, second time it was a grade 2. I am considering getting a brazilian butt lift using fat transfer. Am I at extra risk of complication if I undergo the surgery? Does history of complication make me a less ideal candidate?

No correlation between capsular contracture and fat transfer to the buttock

+1

Your history of breast implant capsular contracture will have no effect on your fat transfer to the buttock. You are at no increased risk with your Brazilian buttock lift procedure. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon regarding your fat transfer to the buttock procedure.

Dr.Bruno

Capsular Contracture of Implants does NOT increase risks of Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

There is no reason to believe that your unfortunate history of problems with breast implants would increase your risks of complications or diminish your chances of being happy with your Brazilian Butt Lift.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast Capsular Contracture and Brazilian Butt Lift - NO known relation

+1

Scar contracture of breast implants is known to be associated with several factors including of bleeding during or after breast augmentation surgery and infection after surgery (seen after urinary tract infection, teeth cleaning etc). Once a remote infection results in bacteria in the blood stream and they seed the outer wall of the implant, a biofilm of living and hard to eradicate bacteria live on the implant causing the scarring.

There is NO evidence or reports that capsular contracture of the breast adversley affects fat transfer to the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift).

Memphis, TN