Liposuction Worked on Thighs but not on Waist and Hips

why are my waist and hips still almost the same? It has now been 4 months since lipo on my hips and thighs . My thighs look amazing.

Liposuction Results?

+1

To give you an accurate assessment it would be necessary to compare before and after pictures. Obviously, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to evaluate your results. You may want to visit with him/her to discuss your concerns.

No change in waist and hips after liposuction

+1

MAny patients will experience improvemnents in contours without seeing a difference in clothing size because this is due to bony measurements which will not change with liposuction. 

Communication with your Plastic Surgeon is the key

+1

Happily, you have achieved the results you wanted for your thighs. Only communication with your Plastic Surgeon can answer your question regarding your disappointment with your hips and waist. Most of the swelling should be gone 3 months postoperative and you should be close to your 'final" result. Occasionally, resolution of the swelling may take a bit longer. It is difficult to give you any specific information regarding your results with  the photos your have provided as the treated areas are covered. I would recommend discussing your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon. Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to provide you with more specific information regarding the amount of fat which was removed and whether you have achieved the results he/she would have anticipated. Plastic Surgery is a team effort and communication is the key to a successful outcome.

Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD,FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

When one questions why not more fat was removed with liposuction

+1

You need to ask your surgeon how many ccs of fat (suprnatant) were removed from each of the areas with which you're dissatisfied. They may recall issues with your surgery why more fat could not be removed. there are times that using certain cannula the amount of fat removed reaches a maximum until a different cannula is utilized and more fat is removed. If the surgeon examines you and feels there is substantial fat that remains as opposed to skin rolls making it look fat, then possibly a second procedure can help reduce the volume further.

Ronald Shelton, MD

+1

Regarding: " Liposuction Worked on Thighs but not on Waist and Hips
why are my waist and hips still almost the same? It has now been 4 months since lipo on my hips and thighs . My thighs look amazing
."

Without a nude or bathing suite photograph of your back and hips it is impossible to answer you. But, I must tell you I totally believe you.

You state "My thighs look amazing". Yet, on the picture submitted you clearly have two ?Liposuction related depressions. That suggests to me that you had a lot of thigh fat removed and are able to see past these possible surgery defects and appreciate the overall improvement.

The simplest and only way I can answer the question is that not enough was removed from your back and hips.

Liposuction is NOT about fat removal, it is about body sculpting - taking the excess and leaving what makes an area attractive. In sculpting the lower back, the upper edges of the two upper hemispheres of the buttocks must be unveiled and defined and the V zone valley present where the upper margins of the buttocks separate needs to be defined. The waist clearly needs to be narrowed and excess fat removed. Similarly, the abdomen needs to be suctioned in an anatomic Differential or Hi Def fashion unveiling the musculature below. All I can suggest is that this was not done.

You may wish to seek a second opinion.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Liposuction Results Can Be VARIABLE

+1

Without knowing how much was removed, what techniques were used, and what sort of post-op compression was utilized, it really is impossible to say why you see results in some areas but not the others.  Only your surgeon knows based on those three factors.  I would give it three months of healing, and if you still do not see a change, then you should address it with your surgeon at that time.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon