2.5 Months Post Lipo: Hips Improved but No Result on Knees

hi! i had lipo march 1, 2011 on hips, thighs and knees. i can see results on hips and thighs but not my knees. i followed all instructions to the max. i measured my knees and they are the same as before surgery. if they don't change in size, is the doctor responsible to correct at her expense? she said it may take a year for results, but i'm getting a little worried. i look really uneven. thanks, donna

+2

Very hard to advise without posting photos especially if you are complaining about asymmetry. My guess is a revision will be needed. Cost in my practice is the facility and anesthesia fee, NO surgeon's fee. 

Liposuction on knees

+1

There often is not significant amounts of fat on the knee that can be removed, and not all areas, such as right above the knee, are treated as there may be unpleasing results.  Swelling and lack of retraction is commonly seen longer on the lower legs than the upper body.  You may see improvement in the next six months.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Lipo of knees

+1

Liposuction of the lower extremities especially the knees and calves take the longest to heal and for the swelling to dissipate.  You may need to wait a few more months.

Liposuction

+1

Frequently the lower on the leg you go the longer it will take to see results. Many plastic surgeons will prform corrective surgery but the patient usually has to pay the operating room and anesthesia.

David L. Abramson, MD