Do Hip Implants or Augmentation Exist?

I would like to give more fullness to my front-facing figure by means of hip augmentation or by creating an illusion of a smaller waist with love handle augmentation. I have an athletic frame but have very little definition to my waist. I don't have enough fat for a BBL. Are hip implants possible or valid? If not, what are my options? 

Hip implants not recommended

+3
Hello, It sounds like you may be the category of patient that would like a more hour glass figure but with very excess fat. This presents a challenge since alloplastic material (silicone) must be considered and there are some definite limitations to implants of the buttocks. The biggest problem with implants in the hip area is that the tissue overlying this area is designed to move with leg and waist movement and there does not exist a shelf or boundry for the implant to be supported. This increases the chances of complications down the road. Although you may not have sufficient fat for ideal fat grafting some liposculpting with fat grafting may still be your best option. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Hip Augmentation

+2

I have found the best way to enhance flattened hips is to use fat. Often times overzealous liposuction can give a masculine figure to women. This is nicely corrected with a combination of fat injection into the outer hips and liposuctioning of the waist to create a more hourglass figure. If you do not have enough fat then using a wide diameter gluteal implant can also do the trick. Best wishes.

Sepehr Egrari, MD

How do you augment the hips?

+1

Hips often need augmentation either as an isolated area, or more commonly along with the buttocks. Fat transplantation is the preferred is the preferred method for achieving this because it can be appropriately molded to achieve proper curvature. Hip augmentation enahances the appearance of the buttocks and fat is a great source for enhancement.

George Lefkovits, MD

Hip augmentation

+1

Your best bet is fat transfer to the hips, if you have enough fat to transfer.

Custome implants can be made for you, if there is not enough fat and willing to acceot that implants need maintanance.