Right Eye is Larger than my Left and Eyebrow is Higher, Too. What Can I Do? (photo)

Hi, My Right Eye is Larger Than my Left Eye and my Eyebrow is Higher Too, Can This Be Corrected? I never want any photos taken so we have no family photos at all with me in them because of this and it really depresses me, can you help?

Eye brow asymmetry

+1

Eye brow asymmetry and eyelid asymmetry often go hand in hand.

There may be a couple of main reasons why one eyelid may be higher than the other:

1. The more common reason is that the higher eyebrow is usually your subconscious compensation for a droopy eyelid on the same side.

2. Less commonly, one may have an underlying bony anatomic asymmetry of the eye socket bones that forces the overlying soft tissue to be asymmetric as well.

Reason 1 is much easier to address than Reason 2, but you would need an inperson evaluation to tease this out.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid asymmetry

+1

I can’t tell from your photo, but it seems like there is eyelid asymmetry.  Eyelid asymmetry is often related to eyebrow asymmetry. When one eyelid is too low, it is called ptosis and this can be repaired. An eyelid that is too high is called lid retraction and can also often be repaired surgically. An evaluation by an oculoplastic facial surgeon can determine what type of procedure or surgery could be useful.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven eye position

+1

You seem to be a good candidate for revision surgery. Instead of hiding, consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Uneven

+1

Please take lots of pictures, not less.  The right brow and right eyelid may be "droopy" and some of your issues can be corrected!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven eye position

+1

Hard to tell from this picture, but you may have ptosis and some brow descent. There is also a natural facial assymetry from the right to left side. See a plastic surgeon to have this carefully evaluated. The differences between theses assymetries are sometimes only a matter a correcting milimeters.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

+1

You should see an Oculoplastic surgeon to evaluate your eyelids and eyebrows.  Often surgery can fix this.  Good luck.

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetic eyelids

+1

Your asymmetric eyelids and brows are likely due to two factors:  1) bony facial asymmetry with one side of the face smaller than other;  2) upper eyelid ptosis (droopiness) with brow elevation as compensation.  Recommend consult with oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of eyes

+1

Everyone's face is a bit asymmetric. It is difficult to tell from your photos where the true asymmetry is. It might be your brow, but it might be your eyelids. You might have a bit of upper lid ptosis. This is when the muscles of the upper eyelid are weak. This can also affect your brow position because of certain reflexes. When you go for your consultations make sure the surgeons treat eyelid ptosis. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Asymmetric eyes and botox

+1

First, you need to be worked up for various etiologies of the asymmetry.  For example, a partial facial nerve paresis can cause this.  Asymmetry around the brow can be improved with Botox if minor or a variety of surgical procedures.  The how to correct the eye asymmetry can't be determined without a CT and other evaluations.  However, many issues can be improved such as a lower floor in an eye socket.

Good luck.

David Alessi, MD