Is There Anyway to Treat a Hematoma After Tummy Tuck?

I had tummy tuck 12 days ago and now have a haematoma where I had a lot of lipo on my abdomen. Is there anyway to treat it to help it disappear faster or is it just a matter of waiting for it to resolve itself?

Hematoma After Tummy Tuck

Hopefully  your have or will address this matter with your surgeon. As to possible treatments, they include 

• aspiration, using a syringe and needle
  • insertion of a drain, through the skin under local anesthesia
  • open surgical drainage.

One thing not to do is warm compresses, which, although they can speed up the resolution, can cause a third degree burn due to diminished sensation after a TT. Most of us who have been in practice long enough have seen this happen.

Be sure to follow up with your surgeon.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.