When is it Safe to Wear Sunglasses After Nose Job?

hiii ... its been like 2 months since my operation .. i had a deviated septum , my nose looks a little deviated in pictures and not that straight as it looks in the mirror... is that because of the inflammation and will it be straighter after a while... and when would it be 100 % safe to wear sunglasses??

Sunglasses after rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling after rhinoplasty can create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. It can take 18-24 months for the final result to be evident. Sunglasses should be avoided for at least 6 weeks after surgery. I would recommend communicating any concerns to your surgeon, as they know the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. They may also have specific guidelines they would like you to follow during your recovery. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Sunglasses two months after rhinoplasty

+1

I usually let my patients wear sunglasses about 6 weeks after surgery.  Best to ask your surgeon his opinion.

Wearing sunglasses after rhinoplasty

+1

Congratulations on your rhinoplasty! Swelling can certainly alter the appearance of your nose, masking its true appearance until it resolves in several more months. Don't be too alarmed by the slight deviation, and stay in touch with your surgeon to see if there is anything you should be doing, such as compression exercises, to help assure your nose heals straight. Sunglasses should be fine at the 2 month mark (even chunky ones), but once again, check with your surgeon to be sure.  I tell patients to wear their surgical cast under their glasses for the 1st 2 weeks after rhinoplasty, but then transition away from the cast as comfort allows.  

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

At 2 months, you could have residual swelling that is altering the appearance.  I would ask your doctor about wearing the sunglasses.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty and sunglasses

+1

Most rhinoplasties take at least 1 year to heal. It is safe to wear your glasses at this point in your recovery.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon