PIH on Chin and Skin Above Upper Lip

hi,i have pih on my chin and the skin above my upper lip.the skin at these 2 parts of my face is really dark. and they look really awful especially in photos.i do not know wad to do.pls help me.i have attached a photo.hope it helps in giving me a really useful answer.im really depressed about my condition.

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation

+2

Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is often a difficult problem to treat. I would not recommend laser. Probably the best place to start is with a bleaching cream prescription strength such as hydroquinone under the supervision of a dermatologist. I would be careful of any proposed remedy that is abrasive to the skin as that may make it worse.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and its treatement.

+1

As the name implies Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is often due to inflammation and controlling the source of the inflammation is one of the most important first steps, Time is often your best option. Lasers do not generally provide a good result and could make it worse. Triluma may be useful if there is a significant melanocytic component but that is not typically the case. It is important to use sunblocks at all times because sun exposure can aggravate the condition.