Treatment options for hypertrophic scar?

Hi, I am a dark skinned guy from India. I have developed a hypertrophic scar from previous acne on my nose. It is skin colored and does not hurt at all. It is there on my nose from past 4 years. Can anyone of suggest any good treatments for me. Would steroid injections help?

Treatment for Scars

+2

The best treatment for hypertrophic scars is a series of injections with a steroid solution.  This actually flattens the scars.  If they are large scars, you might need to have them excised first.

Acne scar hypertrophic on nose

+1

Treatment options inclused excision and steroid injections.  Please see a board certified surgical dermatologist or plastic surgeon for the best possible result.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Acne Hypertrophic scar and how to treat

+1

I would consider excision. The other option is to use a laser to take down the scar. The excision would help to achieve a possible higher percentage of removal and change. The laser would just take the scar down more to the level of the rest of the normal skin.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon