Sutures Causing Discomfort 3 Months Post Op, What Can I Do?

Hi, I had Labiaplasty mid nov/2011. My doctor told me to wait for 6 more weeks on my appointment for weeks. But 1 week B4 12 weeks was over, a piece of suture came out.I saw him& he removed it. after checking me he said he feels some suture deep inside but will be very painful for me if he try to remove them. He said if I wait a few more weeks it may absorb. But now sex is very painful and does not go inside even. Is It normal. Should I tolerate the pain.I feel I am virgin. Pls advise.

Labiaplasty and healing

+1

It is important to allow healing to be complete as this may take a full 6-8 weeks, or longer in some individuals.  You should avoid activities that cause pain and see your surgeon for an evaluation if it persists.

Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Give at least 6-8 weeks for initial healing after a labiaplasty

+1

A labiaplasty is a wonderful procedure that can improve quality of life for women with excess or redundant labia minor and/or clitoral hood skin.  The tissue in this area is very fragile, and it takes at least 6-8 weeks for the initial wounds to begin healing.  Like any type of Plastic Surgery, it is often 3 months for the initial swelling to dissipate, and at least a full year for all scars to be mature and the final result.

Intercourse and aggressive physical activity such as exercise should be avoided during the initial healing period.  Some postoperative discomfort is normal and expected.  Be patient and allow your body to heal at its own rate. 

Karen M. Horton, MD, MSc, FACS, FRCSC

Plastic Surgery, Aesthetic Surgery, Reconstructive Microsurgery - San Francisco

Karen M. Horton, MD