If Someone Who is Highly Allergic Did Have a Reaction to Silicone Implants, What Would the Symptons Be?

Silicone Implants In Allergic Patient

+1

Although you can never say never (or always) in medicine, I have never encountered an allergic reaction to silicone in oever 25 years of practice.  You should not overly concerned about this possibility.

An allergic reaction to silicone implants

+1

I have had a few patients have a light redness to the skin who have had implants placed in the past and came for a consultation regarding a a change in size or concerns over shape.  They had no other specific symptoms.  When the devices were removed completely in one case the redness resolved.

Allergy to silicone implants

+1

Silicone is inert and used in many products that you even ingest!  besides being in implants. I have never heard of an allergy to it.

Allergic Reaction

+1

I have never seen this before, but if you are having any type of allergic reaction, contact your surgeon and go to the closest emergency room.

Symptoms of Allergic Reaction

+1

There are varying grades of an allergic reaction, the most severe of which would be anaphylaxis, an emergency that can manifest as hives, swelling, difficulty breathing, etc. and can be deadly if not treated quickly and appropriately.  Other delayed hypersensitivity reactions may produce skin rash or other signs or symptoms.  If you feel like you are having symptoms of an allergic reaction, you could call or be seen by your plastic surgeon or go to the emergency room, depending upon severity.