New Higher Profile Implants?

I was told that at  a plastic surgery annual seminar in Las Vegas, a new, higher profile breast implant with even more projection was featured. Is that different than the 68HP?

High profile breast implants

+2

The 68 HP implant is a high profile saline implant. There is a style 45 silicone implant from Allergan which has higher projection than a "high profile" implant.

New Hi Profile Implant

+2

I attended the meeting in Las Vegas and one of the exciting products on the near horizon is the new form stable silicone gel implant. The gel itself holds its form better than the current cohesive gel implants giving the breast a more projected appearance. It will hopefully be available for widespread use very soon. The results of the clinical trials have been very positive.

I hope this information helps!

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Are you thinking of saline? or silicone device

+1

From your question referencing the 68HP, it seems you are thinking about saline filled devices. I am not aware of new higher profile saline filled devices.

The Allergan style 410 devices, which are currently being used only as part of FDA clinical trials come in a range of projections. These devices are not yet FDA approved,(although they are available in most of the rest of the world).

For a given size(width of the device) the Allergan style 410 device comes in 3 different heights and 4 different projections. As with all surgeries and particularly with breast augmentation there are potential upsides and downsides to the choice of device. For example in some patients high profile devices may have downsides with respect to the changes in the overlying soft tissue.

A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you come to the decision that makes the most sense for you, your desires, and your tissues.

John E. Gross, MD