How high is the risk of death when doing the Brazilian Butt Lift procedure?

I'm 19, healthy, average weight, haven't had any kind of surgeries, haven't had any internal/external problems, see my doctor regularly. I am still aware and understand that death is one of the risks in any procedure, but what do you think the chances are for a person like me in this specific procedure? Also, can these risks occur on the doctors doings?

+1
Every surgical procedure involves a certain amount of risk and there is always a possibility of complications or a reaction to the anesthesia.  Although the majority of patients do not experience these complications, you should discuss each of them with your surgeon to make sure you understand.  You can reduce your risks by closely following your surgeon’s advice both pre and post operatively.  There are pre-operative tests to be completed which your surgeon should review to clear you for surgery.  Be sure to seek a Board Certified surgeon with elite credentials and expertise in this surgical procedure.

+1

All surgeries have risks of death, There are a lot of pre operative studies perform to have less risks, search for a Board Certified Plastic surgeon to minimize the risks. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Risks

+1
If you are planning on having surgery with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in the brazilian butt lift, the protocol prior to surgery would be to have some pre op testing performed. Check labs, EKG, Chest Xray and possible clearance from your primary care physician. Once you are medically cleared for surgery, the risks of complications are very low to none.

Jaime Perez, MD

+1
Surgeon experience and record are important.  The risk is extremely low.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Patient safety

+1
Patient safety is multifactorial. Patients pre-existing conditions, known and unknown. complexity of the procedure, execution of the procedure by an experienced Board certified plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic surgery). The facility where the surgery is done should be accredited, The surgeon should have hospital privileges in a hospital to do that specific procedure. No tourist surgery, the standards in the U.S. are much higher than any other country.
Samir Shureih MD. FACS
sshureih@msn.com

Risk of death

+1
All surgery carries a risk of death -- usually it is from anesthesia. Your lowest chance of problems comes from a board certified plastic surgeon operating in a certified OR with hospital backup. Surgery out of the country is very risky.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD