High Right Breast Implant at 17 Weeks Post Op Will It Eventually Drop? (photo)

24 years old 115 lbs 5'2 325cc silicone left/ 375cc silicone right I am 17 weeks post op, and I am happy with my new breast..besides the fact that the right implant is still a little bit high, Should I be worried or is this normal, What can i do to help with the dropping?

Good results

+1
Your results look pretty good and I can't really see that your right is too high. However, with time your right implant will probably gradually drop a little lower. 

Breast Enhancement

+1
Overall you look great, it looks like your right muscle may be stronger than your left and in that case it may take longer for the muscle to relax and bring the implant down

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

High Right Breast Implant at 17 Weeks Post Op Will It Eventually Drop?

+1

The posted photo DOES NOT demonstrate the high riding effect! Best to see a few boarded PSs in person for a consultation. 

Slight asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

Your result looks quite good and I would imaging that over time you will see some improvement in the level of symmetry.  

Breast asymmetry

+1

Overall your breasts look quite nice. Yes there is a small asymmetry but that is probably normal. It may not drop much  more.

Breast asymmetry

+1

Thanks for you inquiry, your right breast implant is little higher, I am not sure it will fall much more, because if you look at your pre-operative picture the right crease starts higher.  I think you have a good result and I am glad you are happy.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

I see no problem with the results of this breast augmentation.

+1

Judging from the photograph only the result appears quite good. There might be some modest volume adjustment going forward.

It may

+1

In my experience, they usually drop in 8-12 weeks. 17 is a long time but I have heard of implant dropping 1 year out. There is nothing to do for 3 months anyway so I suggest you wait.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

May be too soon to tell if breast implant will drop

+1

Congratulations on having undergone a successful surgery.  You have a very nice post-op result.  Rarely, the size, height and/or position of the breasts are equal before surgery.  As a result, there can be major or minor differences after augmentation.  Your before surgery picture shows some minor difference in breast height and size.  This seems to be reflected in your post-op photo.  The height difference is minor.  It may drop some more, but only time will tell.  If the implants stay in their current position, it may not be worth the extra surgery, cost, risk, etc. to change the position.  It just depends on how much it bothers you.  Give it some more time and discuss your options with your surgeon after six months have elapsed.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

High Right Breast Implant at 17 Weeks Post Op Will It Eventually Drop? (

+1

I can't see your shoulders in the before picture. If they are even, then it appears your right breast was higher than the left before surgery, and continues to be so. 

The difference appears to be rather small, and there may still be improvement as the pectoral muscles relax to accommodate the implants. Often the "handed" side takes longer to settle.

All the best.