I have a high radix and nasal bridge. Would turbinate and adenoids surgery improve my breathing? (photo)

I feel like I have trouble breathing and have been told by an ENT dr that I have a narrow nose and that removing my adenoids and turbinates will help breathing. I remember he said that my turbinates are not large but since my nose is narrow that if we removed them it would improve my breathing. My adenoids are mild to medium large Would removing both of them help my breathing? Now I also I feel like my radix is too high/ wide and glabella area is bumpy. Can that be thinner? Thank you!

Improving nasal breathing and look

+1

It is difficult to render an opinion or even suggest a treatment without physical examination.In order to improve you nasal function and shape, open septorhinoplasty is recommended. 

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump, and nasal obstruction

+1
There are many different issues inside the nose that can cause breathing problems such as a deviated septum, valve collapse, vestibular stenosis, turbinate hypertrophy and allergies. When medical management has failed, consideration for surgical improvement can be considered. Medical necessity can be documented only at the time of examination. Adenoids tend to disappear at puberty, so it is most likely not an issue. An in person consultation/examination will need to be performed of the internal and external portion of the nose.
 A cosmetic rhinoplasty can address a high radix and removal of a nasal hump, but must be paid for by the patient, and not billed to the patient's Medical insurance.

I have a high radix and nasal bridge. Would turbinate and adenoids surgery improve my breathing?

+1

How could we over the internet respond to your issues without an IN PERSON intranasal examination??? All your statements make perfect sense but we can not over the internet entertain a definitive diagnosis... Good Luck..

Turbinate and Adenoids surgery

+1
Dear Liddyn, Thank you for your inquiry. A direct examination would allow me the ability to provide an expert opinion regarding your breathing difficulties. If you have a deviated septum and your turbinates are hypertrophied then fixing these aspects of your nose will help your breathing. A septorhinoplasty is a combination procedure the "septo" portion addressing the functional aspect and the "rhinoplasty" portion addressing the aesthetic concerns that you have. The purpose of the final result is to have a functional nose that is also aesthetically pleasing. A consultation with direct examination and digital imaging will allow you to have your questions answered and see the proposed surgical result. Best regards, 

Michael Elam, MD

Causes of Nasal Obstruction

+1

Rhinoplasty surgery is unique in that it can improve both cosmetic appearance and functionality of breathing. Consult with an expert rhinoplasty surgeon who can differentiate the causes of nasal obstruction (valve collapse, deviated septum, turbinate hypertrophy, etc.) If your adenoids are truly enlarged, that should be addressed by an otolaryngologist. Good Luck.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Breathing difficulty

+1

Obviously an exam is needed And if enlarged removing your adenoids and reducing yor turbinates would help.  Your nose can be improved with surgery but I would make certain that spreader grafts are used to prevent nasal valve collapse

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Breathing Difficulty

+1
I would need to do an internal examination of your nasal passageways to give you sound advice.
Obviously, if your turbinates or adenoids are compromising your airway then by removing them would increase the size of your airway and modify your breathing problems. Is your septum deviated? Do you have inspiratory collapse of the middle vault? 

Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon