High Profile Saline Implants for a Small-framed Woman?

I'm 5'1 and 105 pounds and i want to get a high profile saline implant n is thinking about getting 400cc...i have a small frame and dont want the implants to make me look bulky and fat...would that be too big for me?? and where is the best place i should place the incision?? under the armpit? nipple??

High Profile Saline Implants for a Small-framed Woman

+1

Generally speaking this sounds like a relatively large implant from your brief description of your body type. However, this is far from an accurate assessment.

High profile implants on a small frame

+1

High profile implants were developed to accomodate more volume for narrow framed individuals.  As for the final volume, it owuld be diffficult to assess what is good for you without formally examning you.

You may need to get smaller imlpants

+1

As you stated you have a small frame and your breast tissue is limited. Without pictures , I would suggest that you get more one consultation with board certified plastic surgeons. I would also recommend that you try 3D imaging. This a new tool that lets your surgeon to get a 3 dimensional picture of your breast and then show you how your breast will look with different shape and size implants. You can check my web site www.khoobehi.com for a demo.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

High profile saline implants for a small-framed woman

+1

It is very difficult to advise you about type of implant and size without photos. My guess is that 400 cc's is slightly big for a "small framed" woman. I personally like using HP implants. Incision is a personal choice.

From MIAMI REGARDS DR. B

Breast implants should fit your chest dimensions

+1

Picking an implant size and profile without regard to your measurements is a mistake. You are a petite woman- some implants will look very nice on you, and some will not. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that does a lot of nice looking breast augmentations. The surgeon will carefully measure your chest and breast dimensions and help you pick an implant that will satisfy your aesthetic goals.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Implant Size Tough On Smaller Framed Women

+1

With regards to implant style/size, it is hard to give you an accurate idea without seeing you.  However, based on your stats, a 400cc HP implant will be pretty big.  Unless you have alot of your own breast tisue currently ( which at your size I would be suprised), then you are going to see and feel the ripples more than you probably want too, especially if it is a saline implant.  I do not think that size will make you look fat or bulky, but ithe risk of experiencing complications such as rippling, implant visibility, etc. are higher.  In general, someone your size can probably handle a 325cc moderate plus or HP and limit their potential risks down the line.  I would also steer you towards silicone if you are that small to begin with.   I would consult with a plastic surgeon to really get a good idea.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

High profile breast implants

+1

On your frame, a 400 cc HP implant would look very operated on, not the least bit natural.  Plus on your frame the saline will be very wrinkly and the size will stretch your skin and muscle very thin, somethigng that can never be repaired later.  As Dr. Aldea said, you should visit the best plastic surgeons and get their advice, I don't think you are "choosing" the best plan right now.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

400cc HP Saline Breast Implants in a 5'1"/105 lbs woman WOULD look "Done"

+1

Respectfully, I think you are going about choosing your breast implants the wrong way. As well read as you may be on Breast Augmentation, NOTHING comes close to matching the information gained from seeing a REAL board certified Plastic Surgeon (www.PlasticSurgery.org).

While almost ANY saline breast implant can be put in any breast - it does NOT mean that doing so would result in an attractive looking breast with a long lasting result. The BEST way to pick an implant is to do so based on the amount/extent of breast tissue you have now and how much tissue you have to cover an implant. The skin's stretchiness, slope of the chest, and extent of flat chest would also need to be considered.

High Profile implants give a taller/more projected look with less volume and are used in smaller women who want more projection. But the problem with these implants is that the often result in a "done", torpedo-like look which screams "implants' from across the room.  400 cc HP in a petite woman would look artificial and done in my opinion. But, if this is the look you want then go for it.