High Profile or Moderate Plus Silicone?

I am 5'8, 142 lbs, 24 years old. My base diameter is 13. Internipple distance is 20.5. I would like to be a full C or small D and am looking at the 400-450CC range.I do not want a lot of space between my breasts.I want to have projection and cleavage.I was told by one doctor that the high profile would not be a good choice because they are too narrow for my frame. But other doctors have said that it's not an issue and it is my choice. Should I get high profile or moderate plus silicone implants?

Profile of implant depends on the width of your breast, along with other things

+4

if you're going "by the numbers", the profile of your breast implant is mainly determined by the width of your breast, and how close you want your breast implants to be.  Rib cage measurements, along with other measurements, may help.

If the diameter of your breast implant is too narrow, it will fit into the width of your breast, but there will be too much space between your breasts over the sternum.  if the diameter is too wide, the breast implants may be too wide, and your breasts will touch in the middle after your surgery is done.  You want to pick breast implants that are "just right" for the diameter. 

There are other factors as well, including your skin sag or lack thereof, asymmetry regarding breast width, your aesthetic preference regarding how close you want your breasts, whether you have pectus excavatum/ pigeon, chest, whether you have slight scoliosis, etc.

Choosing the right implant

+3

I usually use either a high profile implant or a moderate plus implant for the majority of patients.  Check with your surgeon during your consultation.

Breast Implant Profile?

+2

In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your overall goals with your surgeon. Once you have communicate your goals with your surgeon then leave the exact size and profile the size/profile up to him/her to decide. 

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  in your case you could use your own before breast-feeding pictures as the goal. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

HP or M+?

+2

I find that Moderate Plus style implants are too wide and look too matronly in the larger sizes that you desire.  I would think that the High Profile design should satisfy your goals.  Without knowing your current size, it's hard to say what your size outcome would be.   

Brian M. Braithwaite, MD

Best Breast implant for augmentation to achieve BOTH cleavage and projection

+2

If you prefer a narrow cleavage and that is the more important aesthetic goal, I would advise you to proceed with the a moderate plus (intermediate profile) silicone implant.

High Profile or Moderate Plus Silicone

+2

Hard to answer even with your measurements, NEED a photo! My guess there is no real issue. I prefer HP but a picture helps answer. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Choosing breast implants

+2

I personally use Mentor in most all cases but the style 45 Allergans are super HP for an extremely full look.  The Mentor HP gel is comparable to their Mod plus saline.  As long as you want the implants close to eachother, all the doctor has to do is use a maximal width for you and the profile choice will determine how much projection and depth of cleavage you get.  At 13 cm all kinds of implants are available for you.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

High profile or moderate plus

+1

There are other factors that need to be considered besides the base diameter when considering the size and projection of the implant.Most importantly the thickness of the tissues will affect the base diameter.

This should be assesed   before surgery,and the surgeon should have the option to verify and change the implant if necessary at surgery.This is done by inserting sizer implantsand comparing the options

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon