Which implant will help me achieve my desired look from the pictures below? High Profile or Moderate Plus?

I am interested in getting breast implants. Heres a few facts about me Im 20 Im 5ft I'm 7 stone (98 pounds) Im a 30 A. The picture i inserted below is the look i am interest in. What would help me achieve this, high profile or moderate plus? will 250 cc help me achieve this? Thanks Claudia

+2
It is important for you to realize that no implant will give you breasts that look exactly like the ones in the photo you posted.  The woman in the photo has nipples pointing directly ahead, whereas yours tend to point outwards.  This difference is due to the fact that her chest is much flatter in front while yours is more rounded. This basic shape cannot be altered by implants.  You can make your breasts larger, but you cannot change the fact that the nipples will point outwards and this will increase slightly with your breasts being larger. 

That being said, you can still get a very nice result. Your cleavage will be similar to where it lies now, but more noticeable with your breasts being larger.

I would encourage you to stick with the moderate plus implants. The high profile implants put a lot of stress on the tissues, both the  breast tissue and the rib cage.  This can cause tissue damage, including thinning of your skin and breast tissue and/or erosion or deformation of the ribs.

My vote would be for saline implants with a periareolar approach into a submuscular pocket.  250 sounds like a small implant, but might be satisfactory since you are a small person.  I would want to make some measurements and let you try some sizers before deciding.

+1
Both are very popular styles.  I would recommend making a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can be examined.  At that time, you can discuss your expectations, learn about the procedure, touch and feel the implants and try them on to get a better idea of the size that's best for you.  Keep in mind that pre-operatively, your nipples point outward so when you have your augmentation, they will still point outward and it may become more obvious to you.  Best of luck! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection for Augmentation

+1
Hello 'roxygirl13', thanks for your question.  Although the photos are helpful, it is still difficult to determine the right implant size and profile without an office consultation and examination.  There are many factors that determine the right implant fit for each individual, including height, weight, breast contour, amount of laxity and stretchability, position of nipple-areolar complex, previous breast surgeries, etc.  It is also difficult to determine a desired cup size based on a photo as the volume of the implant used will look completely different on two different women, unless they are the exact height, weight, and baseline breast size and contour.  Cup size is also an arbitrary value assigned by various clothing manufacturers that is not a universal standard of measurement.  I would recommend seeking a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals, undergo a thorough physical exam, and try out various implant sizes under a fitting bra to make sure you will be happy with your post-augmentation results.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation implant selection

+1
I think the best course of action is to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  The profile of the implant is selected based on measurements of your breasts - finding the implant that best fits your chest.  The volume is selected by you.  You could probably use either one of those on most patients and they may not notice the difference at that volume (250 cc)
since the projection may differ by only half a centimeter.  It does appear that you may want a much larger implant, up to 400-450 cc which would put you at a higher profile implant to fit the width of your chest.  Either way, it appears as though you may desire a round implant versus a shaped implant.

Samer W. Cabbabe, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

What implant profile are best for me?

+1
Hi The photo you have shown is a reasonable natural result, with a lot of the implant below the nipple. High profile implants tend to give you much more fullness in the upper part of the breast, which is different to the photo attached. I would need to know your chest and breast width measurements to know what size implant would achieve this look, but I think that 250cc is probably too small to achieve the look on the photo. The best way to find out is using the Vectra 3D imaging machine (link below), which accurately predicts the result, or otherwise ask your surgeon to show you pictures of breast augmentation patients with similar chest wall width and breast width to you with different size breasts. All the best with your decision.

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Best implant for me?

+1
I think that in order to give you the best advice about the right implant for you, you would need to be seen in person. Good luck.

+1
Thanks for your question.This is a very common question asked on the net. Before I answer kindly note the advice is based on photographs and not after clinical examination and therefore must be taken as a rough advise that may or may not be right.

From the look of you now and from your expectations one thing is clear that a high profile implant of any size will be wrong since your expectations are that the breast should be more full below the nipple while a high profile is meant to give a very full breast above the nipple.

I would opt for 250 cc moderate implant not even moderate plus since the appearance that you are expecting will appear when the implants sag down in time and this look is not a possibility  immediately after surgery.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

+1
 The easiest way to determine this would be to try on sizers in the office to determine the volume.  The profile can then be selected by your surgeon depending upon the look you want to achieve and your chest wall measurements.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.