I am 5 ft 4 inches and 120 pounds with very little breast tissue. High profile or moderate plus? (photo)

Hello doctors. I am torn between getting high profiles or moderate plus. I have 11.7 and 12 cm BWD. I am 5 ft 4 inches and 120 pounds with very little breast tissue. Some doctors I have gone to recommended 325 cc high profile and some say moderate plus. I am afraid of looking wide with the moderate plus but also don't want to look fake with the high profile.

Implant profile

+1

Based on your photos, you will look good with both the high profile and moderate plus profile. It depends on how you want to look afterwards. High profile implants will give you a good fullness/projection. Given that you do not have much breast tissue, you will look good with high profile. Moderate plus implant will not give you any much projection but can give you a more natural look. Please talk with your plastic surgeon and discuss you concern.

Profile irrelevant

+1
In the retro-pectoral position the profile of the implant is irrelevant since the muscle compresses it. At size 32 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. In your photograph, your breasts appear too low and you may benefit from a simultaneous lift. Using a circumareola incision (not Benelli) it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Profile

+1
Given your wish photo and also on your chest wall width I would recommend a moderate plus profile which is the implant that I generally prefer nonetheless.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Choosing profiles of implant

+1

I use VECTRA 3D imaging to help my patients visualize the difference between implant sizes and profiles. It is a highly effective tool to help both you and your surgeon chose appropriate implants for you and desired results. Your surgeon should direct you and give options based on your base width of you breasts. Best of luck.

Terrence Higgins, MD

Implant profile

+1

good morning!

Please be careful when choosing an implant profile simply by how they look stuffed in a bra in a doctors office- you are not getting a very accurate picture of the final result. Trying on implants is a great way to get an APPROXIMATION of your final result- but please remember that you will lose a significant amount of projection compared to the same implant once placed (especially submuscularly). In addition, implant volume and profile must be chosen by not only your preferences, but by measurements taken by your surgeon to insure that an implant of a given volume will not be too wide or narrow for your frame.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

High profile or moderate plus?

+1

Again this is a very personal decision you need to make. I prefer HP implants but that is my experience.////

Implant selection

+1

It is difficult to offer you suggestions regarding your implants without an appropriate exam. Volume for volume the higher profile implants will be narrower than the moderate plus or moderate implants.

High or moderate profile breast implants for an augmentation.

+1

Thanks for the question. In my practice I am beginning to use more moderate profile implants when the patient desires a fuller look between the breasts. High profile implants certainly give great projection, but there often is a compromise in adding a balanced shape to the breast. Most patients don' t want a gap between the breasts if it can be avoided, and this may be where the moderate profile may be of some help. You did not mention it, but often a breast augmentation may enlarge the nipple and areola size. If you felt that the resultant size may be too great for you , you may discuss with your Plastic Surgeon a nipple reduction to be performed at the same time.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D. Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Your wish picture suggests moderate profile plus breast implants

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. I believe you will look good with either a high profile or moderate plus implant.

However your wish picture looks similar to what I would expect a moderate profile plus breast implant to look like on you. If that a chair is your desired a moderate profile plus is more likely to achieve that look then with a high profile implant. However it is most important that you follow the advice of the plastic surgeon you have chosen

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

What profile is best?

+1

If you have considerable space between the breasts, the wider implants would have more of an impact with diminishing this. So it depends on what look you want and I would think your surgeon could help you choose, knowing what results you desire in the end.

Curtis Wong, MD