Recommend High Profile or Moderate Plus? (photo)

I am torn in between high profile and modewrate plus.My bwd is 13.6, I'm 5'5 125 lbs. My doctor said both would look good but didn't really suggest one over the other. I just don't know which ones would fit my body better. I want the too good to be real looking boobs but not the total fake look but not so natural either. Hope this makes sense...lol

High Profile or Moderate Plus

+1

Either profile could be appropriate, and I utilize both depending on the case. However, you will need an in person consultation and exam to determine which profile would be more appropriate for your objectives, lifestyle, and lifestage.

Choice of Implant Profile Should be Made by Experienced Surgeon

+1

Hi there-

In my opinion, the choice of implant profile is most appropriately made on the basis of your goals for eventual appearance and on your anatomy- and so a recommendation of the best profile for you could not be made responsibly without a formal consultation and examination.

Carefully communicate your desired appearance to your surgeon.

If you're still not completely comfortable with the process, visit a few other reputable surgeons in your area. This is elective surgery and you should not proceed until you are at peace with the process, its safety, and the likelihood of approximating your goal.

Armando Soto, MD

Best contour profile for breast implant

+1

look at the diameter of the two implants compared to your breasts.   do you want one that is wider and rounder  or more narrow to the chest .  athletic thin women sometimes prefer the more narrow implant..  

Hi Profile or Moderate Plus implants?

+1

It is important to know if you were looking at Saline vs Gel implants. This makes a big difference because the "Profiles" of Gel implants are different from Saline of the same volume in the same category. When you use the term "Moderate Plus" I assume you are talking about a Mentor implant as this is the term that they use.

In general, the "High Profile" saline implants are extremely high profile and in my experience pretty much unusable in most patients. On the other hand, the "High Profile" gel implants are more equivalent to a moderate profile saline implant, actually most closely matching the "Spectrum" series implant.

So I am assuming you are talking gel implants. In that case, then you should consider whether you wish your implant to look a little more projecting, or a little wider on your chest wall. In your photo you look thin, and as if you do not have a wide torso. In that case, a "High Profile"  implant might fit your frame better. Also, in general the high profile implants tend to look a little more "augmented". But just to make thiis more interesting - it is also the case that saline implants have even more of the "augmented" look, while gel implants tend to look more "natural". The "total fake" look is generally acquired with the overly large implant.

As you can see, there are a lot of variables here, some of which make a noticeable difference, and some that don't. This is a conversation you should have with your surgeon, and if they aren't willing to engage with you on this, then maybe you should consider talking to another surgeon. 

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

You are an ideal patient

+1

Dream angel,

At your height and weight and judging from your picture, you are an ideal candidate for breast augmentation.  And yes, either implant will probably look great on you.  The question boils down to whether you prefer more cleavage or more projection forward of your breasts.  The moderate plus implant will provide more cleavage and breast fill toward the midline of your chest.  The high profile will fill more forward and upper parts of your breasts.  So, if you have the answer to that question you have the answer to your original question.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

+1

The posted photos does not help! I use HP primarily but without nude frontal/side photos or in person examination ONLY a guess. 

What profile implant is best for you

+1

There are MANY factors that enter into the style of implant  that will give you what you are after.  I would say that these need to be addressed with your surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Some of the factors are

1.What is your base diameter of your breast

2. Do you have a Pectus Carinatum (pigeon chest) which tends to have breasts wider) or a Pectus Excavatum (caved in chest which tend to give a patient more cleavage)

3. What is more important to you, roundness on top, or cleavage (high profile will generally give you more roundness on top and moderate plus will give you more cleavage--as this implant is wider for the same size)

4. Size of the implants can affect cleavage (the larger the implant the wider the implant)

These are just some of the factors that you need to take into account for your decision I believe.

Dan Mills, MD

High or Moderate Plus Breast Implants ?

+1
Agree with many of the responses already submitted, and with your surgeon, who said both would look good. No surgeon online will tell you which to choose, myself included, but if you want the "too good to be real" look and "not so natural", high profile will likely provide the result you desire, more than moderate plus. Full profile (Allergan Style 45) would be even bigger, and provide a more obviously augmented appearance.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast Implant Profiles

+1

Hello Dreamangel110,

The prospect of breast augmentation is very exciting and the desire to have a specific look is even more exciting as the time draws near your surgery.  However, what you really want more than a specific look though is a good, long lasting result with a minimal risk of complications.

As much as you might want to get involved in the process, picking the size or the profile of the implant is not your duty.  That decision should rest solely on the shoulders of the experienced breast surgeon, and is based not only on your aesthetic goals, but also by the anatomic constraints of your body. 

The profile of the implant can have a significant impact in your appearance, but also if improperly chosen, lead to complications later.  Similarly, implant size is just as important.  My recommendation is to make sure your surgeon has a great reputation for breast augmentation as well as revision breast augmentation.  These surgeons are most likely going to do the best job and do what's right for your body.   These surgeons are not only certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, but are also members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Choosing the right implant

+1

I use both mod plus and high profile implants. Without an exam I could not say what is best for you. In my practice I use high profiles mostly for patients who are very narrow and want alot of projection and volume.