High Profile Implants or Moderate? Please Help Me Decide!

I am getting a Breast Aug~ with silicone implants 500cc possibly 550cc and I really want a nice perky young starlet looking breast~I not looking for that nice natural look~ I need to decide if I should go with the Moderate profile or the High Profile~ Can you please look at my pictures and tell your professional thoughts: Thank you for your time and consideration~

Are high profile or moderate profile implants best for you?

+3

The choice between High profile implants, moderate plus implants, or moderate profile implants is harder than just one variable in the decision.  One thing to consider is how wide your breast is, and how wide your chest is.  You dont want to put in an implant that goes half way around your back, or one that leaves a big space in the middle of your chest.  High profile implant generally give way more upper pole fullness (but dont look as natural).  Moderate plus implants look a bit more like a push up bra in general with some upper pole fullness (this is sometimes refered to incorrectly as "cleavage").  Ironically the "moderate profile implant" is the lowest profile implant that we have available today.  This moderate profile implant doesnt generally give a large amount of upper pole fullness, but gives more fill between the breasts (more traditional "cleavage"). 

Although I could not find your photos, your description was clear that you did not want to look natural!  That being said, I think you would be happiest with the high profile implans.  Especially in that larger size of 500 to 550.  Good luck with your surgery.  Make sure that you are going to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, as they do the majority of their work in Cosmetic Surgery.

Breast Augmentation- Breast Implants Profile

+3
  • It sounds like you have a really clear idea of the results you want. The best implant size can only be selected after your physical exam by an experienced,  expert plastic surgeon. 
  • When I chose implants, especially for those who want a larger size, I consider the width of the chest , the amount of breast tissue and the looseness of the skin. In the right patient, high profile implants  can look great.
  • If your base width is in the 13cm range, you have some breast tissue coverage, and some skin looseness, then you may fit a high profile nicely.  If your width is more like 14 cm and you have less breast tissue coverage, then a moderate profile might work better.
  • Talk to your surgeon. And good luck!

Michael Suzman, MD

Sounds like you want HP implants

+2

From the description of what you want it sounds like HP is the best choice for you.  Of course, this can only be determined by an exam of your actual starting point though.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

High Profile Implants versus Moderate Plus

+2

The best fit of implants for breast augmentation is to select an implant that's base diameter matches the diameter of your breast. The high profile implant will be larger and more projected than the moderate plus of the same diameter. If you are looking for more superior projection, you will probably be happier with high profile implants. If you want a more natural appearance, you will probably be higher with moderate plus profile implants.

If you choose an implant that is wider than your breast diameter, it will extend over the side of your chest. If you choose an implant that is narrower than your chest diameter, you may see some depression near your breast bone.

Karen Vaniver, MD

High profile breast implants for shapely breasts

+2

High profile breast implants give a better shape for most people in the size range you are considering.  In the 500cc size ranges, moderate profile implants look too broad and flat to me.  On the other hand, in the smaller sizes, less than about 375cc, I find the high profile implants too spherical.  Especially for the "perky" look you are desiring, high profile implants are best.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Perky and Beautiful

+2

Since the advent of the high profile implant, I have rarely put anything other in a woman desiring breast augmentation.  I think that the high profile implants impart the best shape to the breast.  I have never had a patient wish to exchange out a high profile implant for a moderate high or round implant.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Profile of implants

+1

The decision to choose a high profile or moderate plus profile or moderate profile, really depens upon your anatomy and your surgical goals. The narrower the patient and the larger they want, the more likely a higher profile implant in my practice.

High versus moderate profile implants

+1

There is a significant difference in implant configuration between the moderate and high profile implants in the size range that you mentioned with the moderate ones being noticeably wider and less projecting. If you want more projecting, and less broad breasts, then the high profile implants can provide that but it may not be appropriate for you. Furthermore, these 2 styles are not interchangable at a given size.  That is, typically the moderate profile implant will be of a smaller size compared to the "considered" high profile one.

Without providing pictures, your dimensions, amount of breast tissue present including cup size and, of course, without an examination, it would be pure conjecture as to which implant size and style would be right for you. You may want to re-review this again with your surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Profile of impant

+1

The only thing to look at when considering what profile of implant to use is the base width of your breast.  You need to use the proper width of implant that fits your breast.  In my practice I always have many implants available to use.  I first make the pocket for the implant and insert a temporary sizer that I fill until the cup size is achieved that the patient wishes.  Then I select an implant with the determined volume that is the proper base width for the patient.   There is no reason for you to worry about the profile question as really there is only one profile that is appropriate for you and if you have selected an experienced surgeon he or she will use the correct implant.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Should I get high or moderate profile implants for my breasts?

+1

Implant selection is one of the most important steps in planning for your breast augmentation. An experienced plastic surgeon will help you make the best determination. High profile implants are used when the patient is petite with a narrow chest and desires a considerable augmentation. The ideal is for the implant to fill your breast width. The implant should not be wider than your breast. Hope this helps!

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon